48,000 properties. 95,000 customers. 1,200 employees: Hyde is one of the UK’s leading (and award winning!) providers of affordable housing.
We operate in London, the South East, the East of England and the East Midlands, providing homes with reasonable rent. Our annual turnover is over £240m – but we don’t have any shareholders. As a social business, we re-invest profit to build an even better organisation. One with the potential to achieve bigger and better things.Yes, we place roofs over heads – but that’s only the start.
Our aim is to make a lasting difference to people’s lives. We offer advice on training, employment and low-cost housing options. Sheltered housing that helps people live independently. Short-term support that puts people back on track and in control. In other words, we help the most vulnerable people in our society to build the lives they want. A home is just the start...
We’ve accomplished great things since we began our work in 1967. But there is certainly more to come. We’ve got a clear vision of the future. We want to expand and increase the range of services we offer. Progress, evolve and excel.
For that, we need to grow – and that depends on our people. They’ve already helped us achieve great things. A whole host of awards for example.
Here are just a few:
- National Housing Awards 2013: Provider of the Year and Best Large Development and Best Regeneration Project for Packington Square in Islington.
- Best Development 2011: Daily Telegraph British Home Awards or Packington, London
- Best Partnership Working 2011: National Housing Federation, London Region 'What we are proud of awards" for Packington, London
- 1st place London Excellence Awards 2011: for Partners for Improvement
- RICS 2010 Award for Regeneration: for transformation of the Stonebridge Estate, North London
- Best New Place to Live: London Planning Awards 2010, for new homes at Bermondsey Spa, London, SE1
- Best Regeneration Project, Housebuilder Awards 2010 – Innovation and Excellence – Bermondsey Spa, London, SE1
- The Best New Regeneration Project, London Evening Standard New Homes Award 2010 – Bermondsey Spa, London, SE1
- Most Innovative Marketing Approach, Affordable Home Ownership Awards 2009 and 2010 for schemes in Brighton and London
- National Home Improvement Council awards for the sustainability of our ‘retro-fit and replicate’ house in 2009
To find out more about our awards visit Hyde Housing
It’s also good to know that Hyde is financially safe and sound. We’ve been given the top “V1” rating from the Homes and Communities agency for the 7th year running as well as an “A1” credit rating from Moody’s Investors Service, the global ratings agency.