There are useful guides to cover most situations, such as changing browser colours, fonts and text sizes and make your computer speak web pages aloud at the BBC My Web My Way site. The guides will help you follow the steps for your choice of web browser on your operating system.
Changing the text size
To increase the text size:
- Internet Explorer: View > Text size > Largest
- Firefox: View > Text size > Increase
- Opera: File > Preferences > Fonts > Minimum font size (pixels)
- Alternatively, scroll with the wheel of your mouse whilst holding down the control button.
Some documents on this site are provided as Adobe PDFs. There are features and capabilities of Adobe products that enhance electronic document accessibility for people with disabilities such as blindness, low vision, and motor impairments. You can find information and links to resources that help people with disabilities work more effectively with Adobe software.
Translations and Transcriptions
If you need a Hyde document or item on this website translated into another language or transcribed into another format such as Braille or EasyRead, you can either:
- e-mail your request to email@example.com
- telephone the Accessible Information Officer on 0203 207 2524
- write to or visit your local Hyde office.
Tell us the title of the document and the language/format you need it to be translated into.
Ask a friend or relation to help if you do not feel confident making the request.
Leave a contact telephone number as we may need to call you back to discuss your needs in the language of your choice.
If you still have a question, you should contact the Accessible Information Officer on 0203 207 2524 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the web team
If you have any difficulty in using this website, then please let us know so that we can rectify things for you. Email email@example.com with your comments or queries or call 0203 207 2767.